Paneer-250 gms (homemade or store-bought)
Khoya/Mava-100 gms (homemade or store-bought)
Mixed nuts(crushed)-25 gms (I've used badam,pistachios and cashew nuts)
Badam essence-2-3 drops (for yellow colour)
Rose water-1-2 drops
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
For Sugar Syrup:
1. In a bowl,add the paneer and mash it nicely till it is soft.
2. Make a soft dough without any lumps by adding milk.
maida,sooji,badam essence,1/2 of saffron and blend.
4. Make a good soft dough and keep it aside.
6. To the syrup,add rose water, badam essence,cardamom powder,saffron and let it boil.
8. Meanwhile,In a bowl,add khoya,nuts,cardamom powder and mix well.
10. Fill the balls with little khoya mixture and seal the edges and roll it again.
11. Complete the same procedure for all the balls.
12. Now,when the sugar syrup starts to boil nicely,add the balls into it one by one.
13. Let it cook in medium high for 10 mins stirring it now and then.
14. The size of the balls will double,when it gets cooked.
15. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
16. Serve hot or cold.
1. Paneer should be mixed nicely without any small lumps.
2. Make the dough to a soft consistency.(very soft than chapathi dough,but not sticky consistency)
2. Make sure that the paneer balls have no cracks in it,as it would open when you put in sugar syrup.
3. Sugar syrup should be in a thin consistency.
4. Keep the stove in medium high and not too low or not