Moong dal-1/4 cup
Pepper corns-1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Cashew nut(broken)-5 nos.
Ginger-1 inch(cut into small cubes)
Curry leaves-1 stick
Salt- to taste
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
1. In a pressure cooker,dry roast the moong dal till nice aroma comes from it.
2. Wash the dal and pressure cook only for 1 whistle.
3. In a kadai,add oil and ghee and heat it.
4. Now add pepper,cumin seeds,green chillies,cashews,ginger,asafoetida,curry leaves and saute.
5. When nice aroma comes from it,add water and salt and let it boil.
6. When it starts boiling,add vermicelli and let it cook for sometime.
7. When its half done,add the cooked moong dal to it and mix well.
8. Let the vermicelli cook till it is well done.
9. Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
10. Serve hot with sambar and chutney.