Basmati rice- 2 cups
Mint leaves-1 bunch
Onion-1 medium (thinly sliced)
Green chillies-2-3 slightly slit
Ginger -1 inch
Garlic -2 pods
Chana dal-1/2 tsp
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Tamarind-very small piece
Water- 3 cup
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts(broken)-10 (fry in oil till golden brown)
Onion-1 medium (thinly sliced-crispy deep fry in hot oil)
1. In a kadai add 2 tsp of oil and add chana dal, urad dal,onion,mint leaves,ginger,garlic,tamarind,green chillies and saute for 2 mins.
2. Let it cool for sometime and then grind it to a smooth paste,adding little water.
3. Meanwhile cook the basmati rice with some salt and little oil.
4. Place a kadai/pan in the stove and add little ghee and oil and heat them.
5. To this, add all the items under tempering and let it splutter.
6. Now,add the grounded mint paste to it and let it cook till oil separates from it.
7. Take the paste and add to the cooked rice and mix well.
8. At last,add the fried onion and cashews for garnishing.
9. Serve hot with raitha and chips.