Chana dal- 1 cup
Toor dal-1/2 cup
Moong dal-1/4 cup
Raw rice-1/4 cup
Green chillies-2 (cut into small pieces)
Ginger- 1 inch (cut into very small cubes)
Garlic - 3 pods
Saunf - 2 tsp
Curry leaves- 1 stick ( cut into small bits)
Onion-1 medium (cut into very small cubes)
Coriander leaves-to taste
Salt - to taste
Oil- to make adai
1. Soak all the dals with rice for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile,peel the outer layers of banana flower and remove the small stem inside each petals.
3. Do the same procedure for the full flower and cut into small pieces and keep it aside.
4. In a vessel,boil some water with little salt.
5. When it starts boiling,add the banana flower and boil it for 1 minute and strain them.
6. Now strain the water from the dal and grind it a coarse paste with red chillies,garlic,1 tsp. saunf and salt.
7. Put this mixture in a bowl and add onion,green chillies,coriander leaves,1 tsp saunf,ginger,curry leaves and boiled banana flower and blend well.
8. Heat a dosa tawa and add 1/2 tsp of oil to it.
9. Take a scoop of the mixture and spread it to a medium round shape.
10. Let it cook for sometime.
11. Turn it over and cook the other side till it is nice golden brown.
12. Serve hot adai with any chutneys.
1. Do not grind the dal so soft as it will not be crispier.
2. Spread the adai to a medium thickness and not too thick or too thin.
3. Boil the banana flower only for 1 minute and do not over-cook them.